While generally underrated as dark and dusty locations in the home, attics provide essential storage and living spaces in many homes. In order to make the most of your attic, you should be sure it is outfitted with the proper lighting. We have provided some suggestions below, but you can always reach out to Yale Lighting Concepts and Design to help find the right lighting for your needs.
Determining Your Needs
Attics are unique spaces and sizes and can be used for many different purposes. The first step to determine the best lighting f
or your attic is assessing what you need. Some questions to consider include:
- How will you be using the space? Use as a bedroom or work area may require more light than use for storage.
- How big is the space? Determine whether one fixture will provide adequate light for the space. You may want to consider additional lighting, such as a small desk lamp, floor lamp, or sconces.
- Is the ceiling sloped? If your attic ceiling has a unique slope or angle, you may need to find a fixture that is tailored for that location. You may choose to use lighting to highlight any architectural quirks in the attic.
Explore Your Options
Now that you have taken some time to determine your needs, the fun part begins. You can start exploring the various lighting options available at Yale Lighting Concepts and Design. Some ideas to consider include:
- A stylish pendant light to provide a touch of class to the attic;
- Sconces to fit into any nooks and crannies throughout your space;
- A flush mount fixture to help maximize space; or
- A wall plate to suit your tastes
Yale Lighting Concepts and Design is committed to providing you the best service, best products, and best prices. Contact us now so we can support you in your design needs.